[cs615asa] HW1 questions

Jan Schaumann jschauma at cs.stevens.edu
Thu Jan 27 17:26:11 EST 2011

"Nicholas T. Capalbo" <ncapalbo at stevens.edu> wrote:

> 1) Is there a naming convention we should stick to for the text file we
> attach to our first homework-email?  In "General Homework Submission
> Guidelines", you mention to follow the convention described per each
> homework but I haven't been able to find one in the description of homework
> one.

You're right, I didn't note it.  Let's make it "$USER-hw1".

> 2) For our documentation, do we have to include descriptions of using EC2
> through both the API and the web interface?  Can we just explain whichever
> we decided to use?

Yes.  The documentation is really primarily for yourself.  I will try to
help you come up with documentation that will be useful to you, but
whichever approach you use is fine to document.

Please do note, though, that it's entirely possible that you will have
to change your preferred access method at some point.  In particular,
there will be future assignments that will dictate the use of the
command-line tools, so getting familiar with them is probably a good way
to start the semester.