[cs615asa] CS615 HW3 -- backup

Pengfei Liu pliu3 at stevens.edu
Fri Mar 18 18:25:33 EDT 2011

 Hi everyone,

 What is the "-t tag" flag? When I create a new EBS volume, I can only get
the volume_id.  When describing the instance, it will list its volumes
that are attached to the instance. In the example "BLOCKDEVICE /dev/sda1
vol-cf13b3a6 2010-03-30T08:01:44.000Z", the "/dev/sda1" is the device name.
So where can I get or set the volume with the tag?

 If the -i flag is not given, ec2-backup will create a new instance and
attach the volume to this instance. Before shutting down the instance,
ec2-backup should detach the volume from that instance. Is this right?

 Thank you!

 Sincerely,
 Pengfei Liu