[cs615asa] CS615 HW3 -- backup bug

Pengfei Liu pliu3 at stevens.edu
Fri Mar 18 21:50:19 EDT 2011

 Dear Professor,

 According to the user guide, "ec2-describe-tags" can show the list of
tags. But "ec2-describe-tags" does not work as the same time
"ec2-describe-instances" and "ec2-describe-volumes" work.

 Our Ubuntu version is 10.04.2 and the ec2 version is 1.3-46266
2009-11-30.
 There is website said it was a bug.
 https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ec2-api-tools/+bug/664083

 Thank you!

 Have a good weekend
 Pengfei Liu

 On Fri 18/03/11 6:25 PM , Pengfei Liu pliu3 at stevens.edu sent:

 Hi everyone,

 What is the "-t tag" flag? When I create a new EBS volume, I can only get
the volume_id.  When describing the instance, it will list its volumes
that are attached to the instance. In the example "BLOCKDEVICE /dev/sda1
vol-cf13b3a6 2010-03-30T08:01:44.000Z ", the "/dev/sda1" is the device
name. So where can I get or set the volume with the tag?

 If the -i flag is not given, ec2-backup will create a new instance and
attach the volume to this instance. Before shutting down the instance,
ec2-backup should detach the volume from that instance. Is this right?

 Thank you!

 Sincerely,
 Pengfei Liu

Links: