[cs615asa] Issues with NetBSD AMI

Tejas tnadkarn at stevens.edu
Sat Apr 7 11:21:58 EDT 2012

Starting on the extra credit assignment and for some odd reason the
ami-820fddeb we're asked to use is having problems. I've spun up 3
different instances of th same AMI and I can't ssh into it. On AWS
dashboard, the status checks remain on Initializing and never complete.
Meanwhile other AMIs all seem to work fine, status checks complete and I
can login.

After about 10-15 mins AWS reports that the instance fails the
reachability test...weird thing is this is right after spinning it up
and not changing anything.

Anybody else seen this?

-Tejas