[cs615asa] Ubuntu package - sources list?

Michael Hegadorn mhegador at stevens.edu
Wed Feb 15 16:39:27 EST 2012

That's pretty unfortunate.

For those using the Linux Lab, look into using GNU screen. Even if your SSH
session terminates, you can still resume the screen session (essentially a
shell within a shell) and everything is left intact. The only thing to keep
in mind is you have to resume the screen on the same lab machine you
started it on.

Mike

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 2:46 PM, Simon Sidhom <ssidhom at stevens.edu> wrote:

> Dear the only people who feel my pain,
> I was editing my report on the linux-lab. I had maybe 200 lines of
> instructions for Fedora and Ubuntu done. Then out of no where BAM!
> connection drops with Stevens. Mind you the Amazon image (running
> through the linux-lab) stayed up. In all my stupidity I logged back in
> and restored the document from the backup '~' file without even
> thinking twice. I open the document and there are 2 lines of text. 2
> LINES! I hate the Linux lab I'm starting over from my home machine and
> I will never write another report over the wire again. Especially not
> to the %*$(*&^ Stevens servers.
> Be Warned,
> Simon S. Sidhom
>
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 9:41 PM, Tejas <tnadkarn at stevens.edu> wrote:
> > Tell me if you can figure out the libtool issues when compiling from
> source
> > on Fedora. That one is still stumping me.
> >
> > Alan Aine <aaine at stevens.edu> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for listing some of the fixes guys.
> >
> > I too am spending a bunch of time trying to get some of these packages
> > installed.
> >
> > This is exciting stuff.
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> > On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 2:48 PM, Jan Schaumann <jschauma at stevens.edu>
> wrote:

> >> Where possible, get things to work.  Where that's not possible, document
> >> the problems you've encountered, what you've done to try to solve them
> >> and what leads you to the conclusion that it's impossible to fix the
> >> issue.
> >>
> >> -Jan

Michael Hegadorn
Stevens Institute of Technology