[cs615asa] HW#1 posted

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Thu Jan 26 22:19:17 EST 2012

Hello,

I've posted HW#1, due on February 6th:

http://www.cs.stevens.edu/~jschauma/615/s12-hw1.html

Please bring your laptop to the next class - we will spend a little bit
of time on this assignment together.  In preparation for this, please do
the following:

- create an Amazon EC2 account so it is ready for you to use in class
- make sure you have an account on lab.cs.stevens.edu
- make sure you have an ssh client on your laptop and are able to log in
  on lab.cs.stevens.edu
- read
  http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/concepts.html
  so you understand the basic concepts
- read
  http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/SettingUp_CommandLine.html
  as we will work our way through that part together; having read it
  once before hand should make things easier for you to play along

If you have questions, please send them to this list.