[cs615asa] HW3 Getting the hostname

Tejas tnadkarn at stevens.edu
Sat Mar 3 11:52:46 EST 2012

I noticed that if my environment variable for run instances is =-k
ec2key when it's read and used in my Python app, it adds an additional
leading space so it is seen as -k  ec2key which throws an error on EC2
since it's looking for ' ec2key' not 'ec2key'. I was able to workaround
this by setting the environment variable = -kec2key and that actually
works perfectly.

Anyone know the reason for this and how I could remove the leading space
from being added?