[cs615asa] ec2-backup use Amazon API

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Sun Mar 4 17:06:04 EST 2012

Tejas <tnadkarn at stevens.edu> wrote:
> Ignore this question - worked out a solution without API.

To answer your question: you may use the API or you may choose to
implement a solution without API access.  Whatever works best for you
and doesn't require the user to perform any additional steps.

> Btw, does anyone know how to supress output of things like mkfs and tar?
> I'm not using verbose but mkfs still prints a bunch of crap out...didn't
> see a flag to supress. Assuming there's a way in Python to not show
> output?

Review the concepts of input/output redirection.  If your subprocess is
evaluated in a shell context, then you can redirect output as in an
interactive shell; if you have communication endpoints, then you should
be able to selectively access/consume them.