[cs615asa] HW3: SSH Keyfile

Rob Williams rwillia2 at stevens.edu
Thu Mar 8 17:54:24 EST 2012

Got another question for the list/Professor.

I'm assuming that we are all using key files to authenticate with the
instances. We have discussed in a previous e-mail that using
EC2_RUN_INSTANCES_FLAGS to specify the "-k [mykey]" option is how we
should go about this. However, we also will need to specify the key
when using SSH to connect to the newly created instance (to interact
with the attached EBS volume). This would require a "-i [path to key]"
option as far as I know. Are we supposed to handle this in some
specific way, or are there environment variables we should assume to
be set to support this?

Let me know, Thanks,

Rob