[cs615asa] HW4 SSH Questions

kbodzak kbodzak at stevens.edu
Thu Feb 28 01:37:56 EST 2013

I have some questions about making an SSH connection from our program
to an EC2 Instance:

How should we go about managing the correct use of SSH-keys for logging
into an instance?

In the case that the user specified a specific image for us:

Should we assume that they have setup their ~/.ssh/config file
correctly to automatically use the correct key with ec2?
Should we assume that the 'key' linked with the instance exists in
~/.ssh/?

If we are supposed to create an image automatically:

Should we assume a 'default' key already exists? (and specify this in
the README)
Should we create a new key-pair and use that explicitly for ec2-backup?

I'm not sure how to go about handling this the best way, although I
feel that maybe utilizing an environment variable or an additional '-k'
option may be useful.

-Ken