[cs615asa] Some questions.

hyan2 hyan2 at stevens.edu
Wed Mar 20 17:31:31 EDT 2013

Hi Professor,

The questions are following:

1. For this example "To back up the entire filesystem to a volume
tagged as `backup' (which, it should be noted, must hence also contain a
filesystem) using rsync(1): ec2-backup -t backup -m rsync -d /". Is that
means when user want to back up entire filesystem, the back up method
must be entered and must be rsync?

2. If the tag of volume is exist but full, what should the program do
next? Create a new volume with the new tag name automatically or delete
the content of that volume and back up to that volume.

3. When creating a new instance, what public key should the program
use? Do I need to read from system environment to find the public key?
Since I find that the user can change their private key to ssh to the
server in your example.

Thank you for your help.

Best,

-Han