[cs615asa] [HW4] Creating tags, specifying keypairs

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Thu Mar 21 22:43:20 EDT 2013

kbodzak <kbodzak at stevens.edu> wrote:

> aws ec2 create-tags (params), the tool seems to not work.
> There is a github post that states its broken and was fixed in version
> 0.5.0 (but the lab machines run 0.4.5).
> github: https://github.com/aws/aws-cli/issues/33

That is annoying.  I've filed a ticket with the helpdesk to get the
aws-cli tools updated, but since I don't know if they will get this done
in time, let's just drop the "-t tag" option altogether.  This should
make things easier for all of you.

That is, your tool will always create a new volume.

I've updated the manual page at
http://www.cs.stevens.edu/~jschauma/615/ec2-backup.txt to reflect this.

> When we are handling the EC2_BACKUP_FLAGS_AWS, should we only use those
> flags when we are creating instances?

Yes, that sounds reasonable.