[cs615asa] presentation and final grades

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Sun May 5 08:03:40 EDT 2013

Hui Zheng <hzheng5 at stevens.edu> wrote:

> According to that total, that's higher than 100%. I think I should get a A
> instead of A-.

"Extra credit" is "extra".  That is, I offer extra credit as a chance to
improve your grade, but it is not part of the normal grading.  You
should calculate the grade you would get without extra credit first and
determine the letter grade that you should normally get.  Extra credit
then lets me improve your grade.

+/- grades are also not bound by strict numbers, but by my assessment of
your understanding of the subject matter, the progress you've showed
etc.

All in all I believe that the amount of extra credit I offered you was
significant and the grades you all received in the end are more than
fair.