[cs615asa] HW2

jscire jscire at stevens.edu
Sun Feb 16 18:42:44 EST 2014

Actually going along with you question 2, I encountered this same
problem and it was because I was searching for what you searched for
with the .rpm extension at the end (statsd-0.7.1-1.fc20.noarch.rpm). Try
running the search without the .rpm and it should appear.

Question: I was wondering if we should use the %config and %doc macros
for the %files section? The only reason I ask is because I created
directories before I found these macros and when uninstalling the
package, it leaves some of the directories behind. I think I may have
found a solution by simply using the %dir macro to claim the directories
I created. So it would then include the directory as owned by the
package and it would leave the config and doc files to be managed by the
package, but then again for the documentation, is it usually only the
README and LICENSE that are marked as documentation and the rest is just
copied? The guide I used said that any documentation that wasn't copied
over during the build section is marked as documentation. So should that
only be the README and LICENSE file, as shown in the example in their
guide, or should it be all documentation that statsd includes as well
for various components?

Thanks again,
John Scire