[cs615asa] build install and file sections

Paul-Anthony Dudzinski pdudzins at stevens.edu
Mon Feb 17 15:41:25 EST 2014

Hello all,
I am currently creating the spec file and I had some questions on a few of
the sections.

I am reasonably sure from the documentation I have found that for this
exercise the build section is not needed. There is no make file or anything
else to build. Is there anything else to do in this section besides:

%build
echo "nothing to build"

In the install section I am unsure of what to do. The documentation of the
source says to do the following:

Install node.js (This should be taken care of by dependency)
Clone the project ( this is take care of in the prep section)
Create a config file from exampleConfig.js and put it somewhere (should the
install section create this or just use this)

Start the Daemon: (as per other email, we do not need to implement the
deamon)

node stats.js /path/to/config (this is to start it, which we also do not
need to do?)

Do we just have to put the executable in /usr/bin and make sure that the
dependencies are taken care of? Should we take the default configuration
and put it into the same dir as statsd?

Finally for the files section we should be specifying where everything goes
but do we specify every file or do we just specify the special ones to
treat differently during build time?