[cs615asa] Setting a Default Key Pair for creating instances

Daniel Schuler dschuler at stevens.edu
Mon Mar 17 21:18:54 EDT 2014

Hi Everyone,

Since for the assignment we are supposed to assume that the user has already
set up their environment for general use with the EC2 tools, I have been
trying to establish a default security group and a default key pair so that
I do not have to specify either when running the command 'aws ec2
run-instances .'. I have figured out how to establish a default security
group, but I have not been able to do so for key pairs. I have tried looking
in the AWS Console and in the documentation for the command line tools, but
I have not found anything useful. Does anyone here know how to setup a
default key pair so that the 'aws ec2 run-instances' command can be executed
without specifying any key pair in the actual command?

Thanks,

Dan