[cs615asa] client error at my linux-lab

zwang60 zwang60 at stevens.edu
Mon Mar 24 15:38:49 EDT 2014

Dear All,

I have encountered an error on linux-lab when I use aws. And I have a
hard time to figure out why. Because I have aws config all right. And
now I really don't know how to solve it, Can you give me some
suggestions?

Here's the error message:
zwang60 at eva:~$ aws ec2 describe-images
A client error (SignatureDoesNotMatch) occurred when calling the
DescribeImages operation: The request signature we calculated does not
match the signature you provided. Check your AWS Secret Access Key and
signing method. Consult the service documentation for details.

zwang60 at eva:~$ aws ec2 describe-regions
A client error (SignatureDoesNotMatch) occurred when calling the
DescribeRegions operation: The request signature we calculated does not
match the signature you provided. Check your AWS Secret Access Key and
signing method. Consult the service documentation for details.

zwang60 at eva:~$ aws ec2 run-instances --image-id ami-6845cc58 --count 1
--instance-type t1.micro --key-name mykeypair --security-groups
MySecurityGroup
A client error (SignatureDoesNotMatch) occurred when calling the
RunInstances operation: The request signature we calculated does not
match the signature you provided. Check your AWS Secret Access Key and
signing method. Consult the service documentation for details.

Thank you.

Zhe