[cs615asa] HW# N New York Security Community

Brian Ridings bridings at stevens.edu
Fri Apr 10 17:50:01 EDT 2015

http://nysec.isis.poly.edu/  Tue, April 21, 6pm – 9pm
Sponsored by Trail of Bits a Security firm in the city founded by Dan Guido
who is on many Security Boards including OSWAP (Open Web Application
Security Project).

Is this meetup qualify as a event that would satisfy the homework
assignment.

In the past I have attended and there is a range of conversation that has
included small companies to large companies. One that I particularly
remember is a small company that provides rewards for credit cards had a
problem with spammers creating accounts and using those accounts to test to
see if certain credit card numbers were valid. They were able put in place
a validator that could determine by how it was submitted the frequency and
time between the accounts which were real and which were fake accounts
pretty regularly. The false positives then had to call to confirm the
account but it didn't happen that often.

--
Brian D Ridings
Stevens Institute of Technology