[cs615asa] How to identify myself when create an instance?

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Thu Apr 16 12:12:55 EDT 2015

Yanqiao Zhan <yzhan14 at stevens.edu> wrote:

> When I run the command like 'ec2-run-instances?, can I clarify the
> private-key ( -K ) and certification ( -P )? If not, how can to
> identify myself to EC2?

You probably want to use the 'aws' command-line utility instead of the
'ec2-*' tools.  For 'aws', you'd have a configuration file that contains
your defaults; I believe that for the 'ec2-*' tools you'd have to set
certain environment variables.

Your initial HW1 should have documented those settings.