[cs615asa] monitoring lecture

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Tue Apr 28 23:12:13 EDT 2015

Hello,

Since we didn't have time yesterday, I'd still like to ask you to at
least review the slides of what we would have covered on the topic of
monitoring:

https://www.cs.stevens.edu/~jschauma/615/slides/lecture10.pdf

I know they're not always as useful without the lecture content, but
hopefully they may still nudge you to read up on this or that.  If you
have questions or comments, please send them to this list.

Richard Silverman also asked me to forward this information:

> This is an article I wrote a while back, on the keystroke timing attack
> I mentioned during the talk:
>
> http://archive.oreilly.com/pub/a/linux/2001/11/08/ssh_keystroke.html
>
> Also, someone asked about deriving keys for encryption and integrity
> from the session master secret. The method of doing this for SSH is
> spelled out in the SSH-TRANS specification here:
>
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4253#section-7.2
>
> Feel free to pass along my email address, and let them know I?m happy to
> correspond further via email and answer any other questions they may
> have.

You can find his email address on his homepage:
http://www.qoxp.net/

See you next week for our last class!