[cs615asa] Question about the %install step in .spec file

hchen29 hchen29 at stevens.edu
Wed Feb 25 13:25:48 EST 2015

Hello everyone,
I downloaded the awscli-1.7.12.tar.gz and extract the files. In the
folder, there is no configruation file. It uses python to install. From
the README document, one way to install is by using pip install command.
Here are my questions:
1. In .spec file, we have command "make DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT
install". It is used for compiled source code installation. However,
awscli uses python rather than configuration file. Can we directly pack
up awscli-1.7.12.tar.gz?
2. If I can do, does the command in .spec file "make
DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT install" be changed to "pip
DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT install", or just keep the original format?

regards,
Hanxiong Chen