[cs615asa] Questions about homework 1

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Tue Jan 27 20:42:52 EST 2015

Xiakun Lu <xlu9 at stevens.edu> wrote:

> Q1: When should we upload the html file of our homework to the website
> https://www.cs.stevens.edu/~your-username/CS615/HW1/  ? As soon as we
> finish the homework? Or after sending you an email with the
> attachment?

It doesn't matter when you create the file, but it needs to be available
online from the time of submission onwards.

> Q2: Can we use any version of OpenSolaris and any version of Linux?

You should use "OmniOS stable r151004" and any Linux AMI you like.

> And the outputs are text or picture?

Text.

-Jan

P.S.: I'll also note that I expect you to create your documentation on
linux-lab.cs.stevens.edu using a Unix editor.  You should most certainly
_not_ use Microsoft Word or some other similar abomination to create the
document and then just upload it.  Doing so will lead to lost points.