[cs615asa] Problem with the ssh connecting to the linux instance.

hchen29 hchen29 at stevens.edu
Wed Jan 28 15:53:53 EST 2015

On 01/28/2015 3:16 PM, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> hchen29 <hchen29 at stevens.edu> wrote:
>
>> I have a problem with the ssh connecting to the linux instance.
>
> At this point, we don't know a whole lot about the problem you're
> seeing
> beyond its existence.  Provide more details:
>
> - how did you create the linux instance?
ANS: I use the command: aws ec2 run-instances --image-id ami-418d2228
--count 1 --instance-type t1.micro --key-name ec2_cs615_keypair
--security-groups ec2_cs615_secgroup

> - how did you create the omnios instance?
ANS: The same command as above, just change the image-id. The key-pair I
used to use the same one and another one. None of them works.

> - what is the exact command you used to ssh to the linux instance?
ANS: ssh -i ec2_cs615_keypair root at ec2-*-*-*.compute-1.amazonaws.com

> - what is the exact command you used to ssh to the omnios instance?
ANS: the same with above, only changes the domain name.

After I use ssh command, both the two systems asked me to "Enter
passphrase for ec2_cs615_keypair:". I left it blank and pressed enter
button. Then the linux instance gave me the message: Permission denied
(publickey).

I tried to change images and changed key-pair(deleted the old key-pair
with the command aws ec2 delete-key-pair --key-name **, and also deleted
the private key file on linux-lab system. Then created a new key-pair)

(In addition: When I choosing the images, some of images has the
description of "instance-store" cannot be created by the command. Some
of them may gave me a message like "this image does not support t1.micro
type". I'm not sure about this problem. -- this is another problem)