[cs615asa] Homework 2 - Additional Python Modules

Philipp Hunold phunold at stevens.edu
Wed Mar 4 12:06:36 EST 2015

Hello,

I successfully managed to create an RPM for awscli tool, but I'm not sure
what to do with the additional python-modules awscli depends on.

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/awscli mentions:

botocore
bcdoc
jmespath

When building the rpm, I'm exclusively using "setup.py" and NOT using pip
or easy_install, I feel that is not the "proper" way of creating the RPM.

When I install my current awscli rpm I now get following error:

<quote>
# aws ec2 --help
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/aws", line 19, in <module>
    import awscli.clidriver
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/awscli/clidriver.py", line 16, in
<module>
    import botocore.session
ImportError: No module named botocore.session
</quote>

I know I could add "python-botocore" as a requirement into the rpm spec
file, but that package is not available from any fedora repos, at least not
for Fedora 20 (which is my AMI).
https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/python-botocore

Are we you expected to build all other rpms as well (botocore, bcdoc,
jmespath), which may lead to other dependencies which need to be built
again.
Is there any options in "setup.py" I'm not aware of that's pulling in the
additional dependencies?
Is there a way

Thank you for your help.
Philipp