[cs615asa] Broadcast IP for ifcfg-data -i

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Fri Mar 13 23:54:42 EDT 2015

Peter F <pfatyga at stevens.edu> wrote:

> Should we be printing the broadcast ip (colored in red) when the user
> calls ifcfg-data -i?

Email is a text medium, and as such all display formatting you may apply
on your end does not necessarily make to to the other side.  Using HTML
for email opens up a plethora of security and privacy problems, so my
email is plain text, and hence has no idea "red".

> The example output from the HW assignment doesn't but I would assume
> we should since -i should print all IP addresses.

The objective is to print the IP address configured on the interface.
The broadcast address, while an IP address, is a different thing (more
on that in a future class).

So '-i' should not include the broadcast address.