[cs615asa] HW #N

Sanzar Adnan Alam salam1 at stevens.edu
Mon May 4 15:02:53 EDT 2015

Hello everyone,

On February 26, me and Hanxiong Chen attended a meetup named, "Stay Ahead of Emerging Cyber Threats" which was organized by NYC Amazon Web Services User Group & Forums. This session was sponsored by Alert Logic and their Chief Security Stephen Coty was the key speaker.

In this meetup he analyzed the current threat landscape. He described a lot about the evolution of modern day hackers. He also described about the cyber underground economy and it's affects in the corporate IT world. After making us familiar with few current time attacks, he mentioned few techniques that we can implement in AWS to protect against those attacks.

He also introduced few popular malicious tools to us such as Citadel, Blackhole Rat, Havij etc. He also shared few important links from where we can stay informed of the latest vulnerabilities. He also talked about the importance of using Honeypots.

Link of the meetup: http://www.meetup.com/AWSnewyork/events/219710281/ <http://www.meetup.com/AWSnewyork/events/219710281/>
One part of the Presentation: http://www.slideshare.net/AlertLogic/alert-logic-cloud-security-summit <http://www.slideshare.net/AlertLogic/alert-logic-cloud-security-summit>

Regards
Sanzar A Alam