[cs615asa] about shell

Avineshwar Singh asingh16 at stevens.edu
Tue Apr 26 19:15:08 EDT 2016

It's for perfecting  a shell script. Learning is not the right word.

Since it is for perfecting, many suggestions will be there related to shell
globbing. Try to incorporate, it's better that way and might help at some
point to avoid ambiguity (shell's intelligence, which is dependent on how a
shell is created or compiled in the first place, is somewhat in question
here).

It won't create any performance difference, however, specific shells might
behave unexpectedly if this is not taken into consideration.

Try using the script without making any change to script in some random
distribution for the same behaviour (maybe freebsd, archlinux, etcetera).
You may or may not feel the need for incorporating those suggestions but
that's how you can check more or less.
Thats what I can think of right now.