[cs615asa] Errors using package manager for Fedora

Michael Kovalski mkovalsk at stevens.edu
Sun Feb 21 17:54:05 EST 2016

Hello,

I'm working on using the package manager for fedora (dnf) and it ends up
freezing when trying to run the command, giving me the below output.

Fedora 23 - x86_64 - Updates                                          23
MB/s |  19 MB     00:00

This is all I am getting as output and then the screen is blank for the
remainder until I kill the process. Here are some things that I've tried to
fix the issue, with no success:

dnf clean all
vi /etc/dnf/dnf.conf  -> setting fastestmirror=true

Neither of these helped. I do not believe I am using the EPEL repo since
this is only for Centos but looking at results online, those are the errors
I am running into.

Thanks,
Michael