[cs615asa] HW#N: Attended a relevant Meetup/Talk/community event

smehta14 smehta14 at stevens.edu
Sun May 1 01:15:38 EDT 2016

Hi All,

Virtual Memory management and Virtualization in Linux Kernel was the
topic of this meetup which took place in Civic Hall(New York) on March
16th 2016. The speaker spoke about the evolution of the Linux Virtual
Memory and Vitualization subsystems.He even spoke about advances in
memory management related to KVM virtualization Hypervisor, such as
THP,KSM, NUMA balancing.

It's pure interest and looking at the amount of research in this field I
chose this event.Moreover the speaker has spent more than 17 years in
this area and I feel is the best person to share his knowledge on this.

There were many technical concepts covered in this meetup and the take
away will be the knowledge with regards to them:
1. Page reclaim clock algorithm
2. Pgtable scan clock algorithm
3. Last recently used list
4. Active and inactive list LRU
5. Active and inactive + Rmap
6. NUMA balancing
7. KVM

A brief description about the concepts covered in the meetup are in the
following link:

http://tinyurl.com/zytmnjd

Thanks & Regards,
Sonal Mehta