[cs615asa] pre-class exercise

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Sun Apr 2 22:23:08 EDT 2017

Hello,

It looks like Stevens made some changes to their firewall rules so that
I am no longer able to ssh to linux-lab, from where I'd maintain and
update the course website.  While that (or whatever else is the reason)
is being fixed or worked on, I can't update the section of the course
website for tomorrow, including the pre-class questionnaire.

Instead of filling out what's online, I'd like to ask you to do the
following:

- Start an EC2 instance (any kind) and send a mail from it to
  jschauma at stevens.edu with a subject line of "CS615 - SMTP Exercise -
  yourusername".  (Please replace "yourusername" with your Stevens
  username.)

  You may find the mail(1)/Mail(1)/mailx(1) or sendmail(1) manual pages
  useful.

- Read https://www.cs.stevens.edu/~jschauma/615/tar.html

Thanks - see you tomorrow in class.