[cs615asa] Fwd: (no subject)

Bryana Atkinson batkinso at stevens.edu
Tue Feb 14 13:29:01 EST 2017

Hi,

Again, not really sure why but everything seems to be working okay now. I
was messing around with it last night but when I went to sleep I was still
unable to connect. This morning I got it on my first try with the same
commands (I copy and pasted, so I'm sure they're the same). I'm still
stumped, but at least everything seems to be working. I'll still post the
commands just in case there's something obviously wrong that's causing it
to sometimes work and sometimes not.

aws ec2 run-instances --image-id ami-1a60f82a --count 1 --instance-type
t1.micro --security-group-ids devenv-sg --key-name devenv-key

aws ec2 describe-instances --instance-ids i-0fae36915f471378f --query
'Reservations[0].Instances[0].PublicIpAddress'

ssh -i devenv-key.pem ec2-user at 52.39.177.196

aws ec2 describe-security-groups returns:

SECURITYGROUPS  default VPC security group      sg-6703811f     default
120119680155    vpc-2ebb3449
IPPERMISSIONS   -1
USERIDGROUPPAIRS        sg-6703811f     120119680155
IPPERMISSIONSEGRESS     -1
IPRANGES        0.0.0.0/0
SECURITYGROUPS  security group for dev env      sg-f501838d     devenv-sg
    120119680155    vpc-2ebb3449
IPPERMISSIONS   22      tcp     22
IPRANGES        0.0.0.0/0
IPPERMISSIONSEGRESS     -1