[cs615asa] HW4 graded

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Wed Mar 29 21:59:26 EDT 2017

Hello,

I've just sent out grades for HW4; if you have not received a grade,
then I did not receive a homework submission from you.

A few of you ran into problems making your two instances talk to each
other.  I suspect that this had to do with the security groups or
network access controls set on the instances.

However, I saw no questions or descriptions of problems on the mailing
list.  In the future, I recommend that if you run into problems, you ask
on the mailing list.  Chances are, others had the same problems and may
know how to overcome them.

Several of you also were not able to find the right packets for the DNS
queries.  I recommend that you review the lecture slides for lecture 06
and 07 (which includes a very close example of tcpdump output of what
we were looking for in this assignment).

Many of you also included a lot of additional DNS packets beyond the
A/AAA and PTR lookups.  Hopefully you will have taken this as an
opportunity to read up further on the different DNS record types that
you saw queries for.