[cs615asa] [CS615] HW5 Handling Garbage Input Properly

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Fri Apr 6 14:59:35 EDT 2018

Matthew Gomez <mgomez1 at stevens.edu> wrote:
> I?m not sure if we?re supposed to be looking for ?en? or ?en.*?.

Asking for anything that's not clear is a good approach! :-)

Any and all programming assignments will make assumptions and require
follow-up and clarification.

"en" means all of English language, so it seems reasonable to say that
"all en" means "all things that fall into the 'en' category, including
e.g. en.m".

So I think "lines where the first field begins with 'en'" is probably a
good start.  (Are there domains starting with 'en' that designate a
different domain?  I don't know off the top of my head.)

> worked on it for about 6.5 hours yesterday and couldn?t get the first
> answer.

I think you're overthinking the problem.  This shouldn't take you this
long.

Keep also in mind that it's entirely possible that whatever I claim as
the correct answer is actually wrong and your answer is right.  If you
get a wrong answer, and you don't understand why it's wrong, post here
showing how you arrived at the answer.