[cs615asa] HTTP 417 from Part 2 CGI

Bradford Smith bsmith8 at stevens.edu
Sat Apr 7 17:47:26 EDT 2018

I haven't been able to test my script for part 2.

Expected result:
=============

Webserver returns some useful information about my script and
hopefully gives me instructions to access part 3.

Observed result:
=============

Webserver returns HTTP 417 "Expectation Failed", with the (not very
helpful) details "Expectations not available".

What I have done to test:
====================

As this is a client error, I have been searching for what I've been doing wrong.

The command I have been using is:

    curl --data-binary @<script> <url>

Where <script> is the filename of my script and <url> is:
http://ec2-54-145-67-75.compute-1.amazonaws.com/cgi-bin/hw5-2.cgi.

Originally my script was not named 'wikistats', so I have tried with
it named 'part2.sh' and 'wikistats', both return the same result.

I have been using a script to run the curl command, thinking this may
have been making a difference I ran the curl command directly from the
shell, both of these also returned the same result.

As a final thought I tried running the curl command from different
machines, I get the same result from my AWS NetBSD instance, from the
Linux Lab and from my own machine.

At this point I am unsure of how I should proceed.

Bradford