[cs615asa] Question regarding homework4

bsakthiv bsakthiv at stevens.edu
Fri Mar 2 15:55:11 EST 2018

When I try to launch instance, I get this:

$ aws ec2 run-instances --instance-type t1.micro --image-id ami-628ad918

An error occurred (InvalidAMIID.NotFound) when calling the RunInstances
operation: The image id '[ami-628ad918]' does not exist

$ aws ec2 run-instances --image-id ami-628ad918 --key-name firstenv-key
--security-groups first-sg --instance-type t1.micro --placement
AvailabilityZone=us-east-1a --count 1

An error occurred (InvalidParameterValue) when calling the RunInstances
operation: Invalid availability zone: [us-east-1a]

$ aws ec2 describe-images --image-ids ami-628ad918

An error occurred (InvalidAMIID.NotFound) when calling the
DescribeImages operation: The image id '[ami-628ad918]' does not exist

Even I tried with different availability zone, still same error. Please,
could anyone help me launch this?