[cs615asa] Course Website Up for Spring 2017 instead of Spring 2018

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Fri Mar 30 20:41:49 EDT 2018

Matthew W Mahoney <mmahone1 at stevens.edu> wrote:

> I've been checking regularly waiting for the Course Site to come back
> up, and it appears to be somewhat up. However it only appears that the
> course content for Spring 2017 instead of our current Semester, Spring
> 2018, is up. I don't think there is anything I can do about this, but
> figured I should throw this out on the mailing list.

I've been informed that there was a major issue with the NFS server
hosting the files of most CS users, including the course materials.  The
problem has been fixed for almost all users.  However, I appear to be
one of the three (!) lucky users whose data was stored elsewhere and
wasn't synced properly, which is why you currently see an outdated
version of the course website.

I've been told that the up to date data should be able to be restored,
but I don't know when that is going to happen.

For the time being, please consider HW5 to be suspended; when the data
has been restored, I will let you know and adjust the due date
accordingly.