[cs615asa] Suitable Meetup?

Patrick Grasso pgrasso at stevens.edu
Tue May 1 11:29:00 EDT 2018

Professor,

I am wondering if the following meetup would satisfy the requirements for
homework N:
https://www.meetup.com/mysqlnyc/events/248972260/

The meetup is titled "Inside the Mind of a Database Hacker, by the VP of
Oracle Database." Both the VP of Oracle Database Server Technologies and
the Lead Security Architect for Oracle Database will discuss the threat
model for databases via the viewpoint of a hacker and how to use this
perspective in order to take practical measures for data security. This
primarily relates to database systems and the security thereof.

As discussed in class, it is impossible to achieve perfect security in a
practical setting. As such, I am hoping that the session will give me a
better idea about what sorts of vulnerabilities are most relevant to
database security and how they are handled in practice.

Regards,
Pat Grasso