[cs615asa] Question about HW6

Zhitao Chen zchen69 at stevens.edu
Sun May 6 16:41:46 EDT 2018

Hi,

1. Just want to ensure there are some unreadable characters in
EC2-BACKUP(1) manual e.g.

This allows the user to e.g.
> *per†form* encryption of the backup.
> attach the volume in question and then back up the data from the given
> *direc†tory.*

Should I treat these as "perform", "directory" respectively?

2. In the "DETAILS" part of manual page, the sentence:

ec2-backup can pass the archive it creates through a filter command on
> either the local or the remote host. This allows the user to e.g. perâ€
> form encryption of the backup.

The filter command has any restriction? Or it can run anything with user
intention?