[cs615asa] hw5 Question

Robert Herley IV rherley at stevens.edu
Tue Apr 2 01:06:01 EDT 2019

The NetBSD instance that we are using (ami-569ed93c) has *pkg_add(1)* to
install different packages.
https://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/using.html#finding-binary-packages

You just need to export a few env vars first to properly download the
binaries from the ftp server:

$ *PATH="/usr/pkg/sbin:$PATH"*$
*PKG_PATH="ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/
<ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/>NetBSD/i386/7.0/All/"*$
*export PATH PKG_PATH*

Then you can install packages like the aws-cli (not sure if this is
required for us in our makefiles):

$ *pkg_add py37-awscli # it's the python 3.7 version*$ *which
aws**/usr/pkg/bin/aws*

I also have a quick question too, are we allowed to use the AWS Python
SDK boto3?
It facilitates a lot of the instance/volume management, not sure if
this is considered "cheating".
https://aws.amazon.com/sdk-for-python/

Thanks,
Rob

--
*Robert Herley*
Computer Science '19 | Stevens Institute of Technology