[cs615asa] mount command not supported error

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Mon Feb 4 11:24:06 EST 2019

Devesh Jain <djain5 at stevens.edu> wrote:

> After some research I discovered that ext4 isn?t support by FreeBSD.
> Any go-arounds for this?

> As I need to retrieve a file which is present
> in the volume.

Use an OS that supports ext4 to mount the volume.  Most linux versions
support ext4.

Although I believe FreeBSD nowadays does support ext4 in at least read
mode, although the kernel needs to have EXT2FS support compiled in or
the suitable module loaded at runtime via kldload(8).  There's also a
fuse implementation, which might let you mount the volume that way.