[cs615asa] Homework 2 Question

Robert Herley IV rherley at stevens.edu
Mon Feb 18 16:20:37 EST 2019

Hey everyone,

The AMIs provided by the NetBSD community
<https://wiki.netbsd.org/amazon_ec2/amis/> are not available in all AWS
regions, so I assume we are allowed to use other (non-BSD) AMIs?

If so, what do we substitute for disklabel(8)?
If not, do we have to make a snapshot of the image and move it to another
region? (this seems quite cumbersome)

Thanks,
Rob

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 12:50 PM Jan Schaumann <jschauma at stevens.edu> wrote:

> Rozy Gupta <rgupta11 at stevens.edu> wrote:
>
> > (1) For the option h i.e. [-h], which usage should we display?
>
> Print the usage summary of the tool.  Compare with other utilities that
> generate a succinct help message telling the user who to use the tool.
>
> > (2)Should we create a security group before creating instance or
> > should we use default security group ?
>
> Use the default group.
>
> > (3) If anyone has created the tool using shell script, can someone
> > help me understanding how to use make for a shell script?
>
> When using a shell script, 'make' doesn't really need to do anything.
>
> -Jan

*Robert Herley*
Computer Science '19 | Stevens Institute of Technology
(631) 896-7161 | www.robherley.xyz