[cs615asa] Homework-3

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Sat Mar 9 18:56:10 EST 2019

Devesh Jain <djain5 at stevens.edu> wrote:
> Same question. Since every domain has at-least 7 hops and we need to
> run them on 2 different tools (visual traceroutes). In this way we
> shall need to run the whois command almost 2*7*6= 84 times to know the
> ASes.

Hmm, sounds like something that should be automated or scripted...

Looking at the AS numbers for a single trace is not going to be as
revealing as seeing it for multiple traces.  You may be able to observe
shared paths only by doing this for all traces, and figuring out how to
perform repetitive tasks in an automated fashion is critical.

By the way, if you haven't already, make sure to take a look at the
manual page for traceroute(8).  Those manual pages sure are useful!