[cs615asa] Problem about homework5

Robert Herley IV rherley at stevens.edu
Mon May 6 14:08:21 EDT 2019

When you attach a volume to your instance, the volume name for AWS EC2 is "
*/dev/sdf*", but the instance OS itself will probably assign a different
volume name.

You can read more about it here:
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/device_naming.html

But for the NetBSD amis, the correct mapping isn't shown at that link.
If you look at *dmesg(8)* after you mount the volume, you'll see what it
gets mounted as*.*

Like the Professor mentioned in the last class, you'll also want to write
to the entire disk, which is partition "*d*".

Hope this helps,
Rob

--
*Robert Herley*
Computer Science '19 | Stevens Institute of Technology