[cs615asa] HW2 Required Arguments

David Sevilla dsevilla at stevens.edu
Mon Feb 17 16:49:51 EST 2020

Hello all,

The manual page for ec2-backup-v1(1) has conflicting information, in that,
the synopsis indicates that -v volume-id is a required option, but the
options description indicates that the tool's behavior is to create a new
volume if one is not provided. Is the latter interpretation a mistaken
carry-over from the final version of this assignment in which we actually
perform the backup, or the true behavior of our tool if no volume ID is
provided?

Also, I am kind of confused about how to handle regions and availability
zones. Does it make sense to switch the AMI that I spin an instance out of
based on the region / availability zone of the given volume?

Thanks,
David Sevilla.