[cs615asa] Spinning up an EC2 instance in another region

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Tue Feb 18 15:53:19 EST 2020

Jared Bass <jbass at stevens.edu> wrote:

> I believe that is what I am doing. For instance, in my run-instances command, I am providing it the flags --region ap-southeast-2 --image-id ami-8a89d0e9, which is listed as the AMI for ap-southeast-2.
>
> I then receive this output "An error occurred (InvalidAMIID.NotFound) when calling the RunInstances operation: The image id '[ami-8a89d0e9]' does not exist"

You're right - looks like several of the images listed
on the NetBSD website do not in fact exist.  That's
rather unfortunate.

I created a bug report for that:
https://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=54982

(That's something you can do as well and should get in
the habit of doing: if something's broken, let people
know.  Not saying you should have done that here, but
just noting that this is a good habit to develop.)