[cs615asa] NetBSD EC2 not working?

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Mon Jan 27 22:50:22 EST 2020

Elliot Wasem <ewasem at stevens.edu> wrote:

> So I tried booting up an ec2 instance with netbsd
> 7.0 from the community ami's with fairly default
> settings. However, it seems to always terminate
> immediately.

I've seen this when trying to launch an amd64 image on
an i386 instance.

Make sure the AMI and instance-type are compatible.
If you continue to run into problems, post the details
here (AMI ID, instance type, aws command used to
launch the instance, ...).

Even if an instance terminates, the console output
might still be useful, so check that as well ('aws ec2
get-console-output').