[cs615asa] Red Team Mission

Harshala Yadav hyadav2 at stevens.edu
Sun Mar 29 23:15:08 EDT 2020

Hey all,

I would like to present this topic for our team mission: Hackers Exploit Coronavirus Pandemic to Conduct DNS Hijacking Attacks:

https://labs.bitdefender.com/2020/03/new-router-dns-hijacking-attacks-abuse-bitbucket-to-host-infostealer/

Researcher Arsene points out that - DNS hijacking attack is a big problem, especially now that everybody’s working from home. If the home router's DNS is compromised, it can lead to a disaster because the attackers can redirect you to any page they want without raising any suspicion in your browser, you could end up giving away credentials, you could end up giving away files, all sorts of sensitive information, or even allowing attackers to remotely dial into your company’s infrastructure. Compromising a router’s DNS is as bad as it gets.

Best
Harshala