[cs615asa] Dishonest Servers

Jiahan Liu jliu120 at stevens.edu
Thu May 7 19:19:10 EDT 2020

Hi,

    I think it is possible and easy to alter this information because it is a field written in the http header. Even for the servers themselves, they could probably lie about it because of the security consideration. The servers can alter any information in packages they send by using a proxy, let's say Burpsuite. As for if it is common to do so, not really (I guess). Maybe only for the servers which are very sensitive about their information will choose to do so.

Jiahan