[cs615asa] reminders

Jan Schaumann jschauma at stevens.edu
Sat Mar 5 13:12:06 EST 2022

Hello,

We are nearing the midterm, and it seems a few
reminders are in order:

- everybody needs to present a topic in class; so far,
  only few of you have volunteered...

- everybody needs to attend and then report on a
  community event; so far, nobody has proposed any
  meeting

You all will have more work towards the end of the
semester than earlier on.  I once again very strongly
recommend that you manage your time better and
complete requirements earlier rather than in the last
minute.

Remember also that HW2 is due on Monday, as well as to
fill out this week's checkpoint questionnaire.

Lastly, on the topic of network traffic, outages,
current events, and (looking ahead in our syllabus)
the benefits of logging and graphing events, here's a
good blogpost by Cloudflare regarding internet network
traffic patterns in Ukraine since February 21st:
https://blog.cloudflare.com/internet-traffic-patterns-in-ukraine-since-february-21-2022/

See you in class on Monday,