[cs615asa] Meetup Report - The Blue Team Side of Cybersecurity

Ryan Gray rgray1 at stevens.edu
Thu May 5 11:37:55 EDT 2022

Hi everyone,

This past Monday I attended a meetup discussing blue team cybersecurity. Specifically, this meeting discussed what tactics and responsibilities fall under the label of blue team work, and also went into some different, specific professions which focus entirely on blue team security. I found it really interesting to see the overlap in what constitutes blue team cybersecurity, and some of the responsibilities of a sysadmin that we discussed in class such as threat modeling and risk assessment. If you have any questions or want to discuss anything about this meetup, please feel free to reach out! Attached is my writeup for the meeting, and below is a link to a recording of the meetup on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LXeDWxeSBE

Sincerely,
Ryan Gray